Pages

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Apple Cherry Cobbler

Fall is officially here!

What better way to welcome it than with crock pot apple cobbler?
Apple Cherry Cobbler
I used this basic apple cobbler recipe with a couple of tweaks. (I just can't seem to follow a recipe without changing it a little bit.) I added a handful of dried tart cherries, eliminated the ginger and some of the white sugar, and used 1/2 cup flour and 1/2 cup oats for the topping. The oats added a little more texture to the crust. Cooked it in the crock pot on low for about four hours. The house smelled wonderful and it tasted amazing!

I will definitely be making this again. The hardest part was peeling all the apples. Now I know why they sell those apple-core-peeler apparatuses. If I keep making apple desserts I might have to invest in one.

2 comments:

  1. Are you talking about that hand crank peeler corer slicer? It's amazing and a MUST for apple pies. Going to try this with Plums...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, that's what I'm talking about! I need one :) I bet this would be great with plums. You'll have to let me know how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete