Pages

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

I'm Hungry

Tom was gone tonight and I had a lot of studying to do so I decided to whip up a quick meal for myself. This is what I call a pantry meal. It arrives without any sort of recipe and is derived from items I have on hand. After rummaging through the fridge I decided on pasta with homemade pesto. Pesto is one of the easiest things to make! I promise.

Basil & Sun Dried Tomato Pesto

Ingredients: Basil (from my patio garden!), sun dried tomatoes
(from Trader Joe's garden), toasted pine nuts, parmesan cheese, olive oil, and a little salt.


Directions: Place ingredients in a small food processor
(LOVE this thing... you can get one for around $15 at Target.) and process...


Add a little olive oil until you get the texture you want.
I used about a 1/4 cup. (I would use less if your
sun dried tomatoes came packaged in oil. Mine where dried.)
... and presto - it's pesto!


It really couldn't be easier. I made it in less time than it took to boil the water for the pasta. Once the pasta was done I tossed it with some spinach, the pesto, and a little goat cheese... yummy!


This is a great vegetarian meal or side dish. However, you could easily throw some chicken on the grill and pile it on top for a more carnivorous main course. In fact, I might just do that with the left overs for tomorrow night's dinner.

1 comment: