Pages

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Dill, Bacon, & Green Bean Potato Salad

I guess you could say that this post is Dill Weed - Part 3: YUM! I honestly wasn't planning on doing a Part 3, I promise. However, after I used the dill sour cream from Part 2 for this, I decided I had to share!

Like I mentioned in Part2, I was planning on throwing the dill sour cream over potatoes for a quick potato salad. I went to the grocery store to get dinner (pork tenderloin), potatoes and green beans for a side. From there I decided to mix the green beans in, for connivence, then it grew from there. This is the result. Simple, not so healthy, but super yummy!

Dill, Bacon, & Green Bean Potato Salad
4-5 Slices Thick Cut Smoked Bacon
12 Ounces Fresh Green Beans (chopped into 1" pieces)
1 lb 12 oz Potatoes (sliced into small pieces)
Dill Sour Cream (from Part 2)

Directions:
Cut bacon into 1/2" pieces and fry until crispy. Remove bacon and set aside to drain. Fry potatoes in bacon grease (See health note below!) until tender. Blanch green beans. Mix green beans, cooled potatoes, bacon pieces and dill together. Refrigerate.

Health Note:
This is obviously not the healthiest recipe as is... but I love bacon. I figure moderation is the key. I wouldn't serve this with every meal. However, you can also easily make this recipe healthier. Here's how:
1. Throw out the bacon grease and boil your potatoes.
2. To make it even healthier, in addition to boiling your potatoes, use turkey bacon instead of regular bacon.

No comments:

Post a Comment